Friday, June 28, 2013

I was prepared for change, until changed slapped me in the face!


I saw my doctor last night for some forms to get an ultrasound. When he asked how I was feeling, I said "ohhhhhh morning sickness!" He laughed and said "All you women want to get pregnant so badly, and then when you are, you complain!" It's true!
 

 
I was fully prepared for what this might bring, but in all honesty, every day that I'm sick, I'm ecstatic because it means that Peanut is healthy and my pregnancy is going according to plan. However, I didn't realize how absolutely exhausting it is to not have an appetite for anything - and I mean anything.

The only things I want to eat are fruit, popsicles, and ice cream. Not exactly a balanced diet! Even my beloved coffee isn't appealing. Any hot drinks make me queasy. Tomatoes, fish, cheese - all things I basically ate every day now makes me dry hurl. Brushing my teeth is a competition with myself every day to make sure I brush every tooth before I gag. I have super-human smell recognition now - I smell everything around me, and that's not always a super power I'm happy to have.

My emotions are all over the place as well... I cry watching YouTube videos, talking to people, remembering events or old friends. Thankfully my husband has been supportive - he makes dinner, picks up groceries, makes me lemonaide, cleans up the dishes, helps with the housework, lets me sleep when I need to sleep, rubs my limbs when they are sore, and tells me every day that he loves me. He's already making fun of how my belly will look when our Peanut starts to grow, but I can't wait to see it. I will love this belly!

I was so prepared for this change within myself, but at the same time, it's not something you can really prepare for... every pregnancy is different, every person is different, and every symptom is different. I'm sure I'll wake up in 4 weeks and feel fabulous, rub my beautiful belly with Peanut resting peacefully inside, and I'll forget all about how this felt. But to be truthful (because this is my diary after all, so why would I not be) right now my body hates me and this sucks.

There - I said it - this sucks. But Peanut, you are so worth every minute of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment