Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Our Wedding... Part 4 - We Get Pretty!

I had always hoped that the morning of my wedding, I'd wake up well rested and ready to take on the day! We woke up very early, and Jay and I laid in bed just waiting until the other girls showed signs of life! :)
 
 
 
Once we were confident that they were ready to wake up, Emily and I made a run to Tim Hortons for food and coffee. I thought I'd want to make breakfast, but I decided that ultimately I didn't want the extra work and clean up involved in that. After we got home, ate, and the girls who didn't shower the night before proceeded to do so, we realized that our hair and make-up artists would soon arrive!


Right on schedule, Jayna and her assistant Nikki showed up with their arsenal of goodies to make us stunning!
 
The girls went first, and looked utterly amazing!
















 
 
My mom and Wendy also got their hair and make-up done, and they couldn't have looked any more beautiful. The team did a great job getting them to look natural and beautiful.
 





I remember that while everyone else was getting worked on, I was so calm. I made people lattes, put out a lunch platter (we didn't need to leave until 1pm), and did whatever people needed me to do to make them feel okay.

The photographer, Jen from JMB Photography arrived, then it was my turn.










 

 
While I was getting ready, our photographer started taking photos of some of the always important details...
 


  






When I gave my final approval on hair and make-up, and despite the hectic atmosphere of all my bridesmaids figuring out their dresses and switching them up at the last minute, I was finally ready to put the final touches on everything, like pinning my mom's brooch.



And then finally, after 24 months of planning, 12 months after picking out the dress of my dreams (lace like I'd always wanted since I was a little girl), it was time to zip me up!



That's when I gave my dad permission to see me. He'd been doing some running around with Wendy's granddaughter, and getting himself all put together in his brand new suit and tie, complete with a fedora. He was a smashing Father of the Bride!


When he first saw me, he was beaming from ear to ear, but we all managed to keep it together. We had places to be!!! So out the door we went into a fully decorated SUV, personally chauffered by Darren Martin!


Up Next: The Guys Get Groomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment