Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Our Wedding... Part 17 - The Details

The part of the wedding that took the most time and effort on my part was the small details, so I want to briefly touch on them so they get their due attention:


Instead of paper programs, I got this mirror from Ikea and put adhesive chalkboard paper over top and wrote out the important people from the wedding party. I still have this hanging in my home office.


We gave a moment of silence during the ceremony to all of our grandparents who are deceased, which is all of them, and set up this remembrance table in their honor.


 
 
Both the flower girl and ring bearer had custom signs on their chair so their parents knew where to sit. 


My mom and I spent a day in the states shopping and getting my dress altered. While we were there, we picked up various fabrics in our wedding colors, and she turned each one into several handkerchiefs for guests to take for the ceremony.


I ordered this custom ring dish from Etsy with our wedding date, and Rylan carried it down the aisle. I still love it, and it sits on a shelf in my office!

 
 
The feather wreath on the brick wall in our ceremony space was the easiest project, and I made this myself from two feather boas and a wire wreath frame. 

 
 
The theme of our wedding was apples and owls, and we had both EVERYWHERE! We got so many compliments on how we integrated the objects all through the space. 





 
 
Our friend Amit was enlisted to use his graphic design skills to create a custom guest book for us. He took the story of our relationship through the eyes of our cats. It was silly and fun, and very personal both from the words and the photos because Aaron and Amit share a mutual love of all things comics. The guests loved reading through the book as well. 
 
 
 

I took the poem that Carrie Bradshaw once read for a wedding and had it printed at Staples, framed it, and presented it on the gift table.  I also made the sign to tell people where the activities of the day were going to be, which was cute and fairly simple. The sign at the top was installed with a hook, and it is now proudly hanging on the front door of our new home. The card box was the one project Aaron really wanted to work on. We took an old computer tower, spray painted it green, and added some embellishments. It was used to hold all of our cards from guests, and was something else that people really commented on. The side of the box, not shown, said "We Just Clicked" because we met online, and because Aaron is a computer nerd as well as a comic geek! :)

 

Our wedding party all pooled together to rent us a photo booth. The photo booth company provided a lot of props, but we did a few of our own as well. We asked each guest to leave one of their copies in our album, and keep the other for themselves. I also ordered some bookmarks that hold photo strips, and strung each one with our wedding color ribbons for the guests to take home.

 
 
Our head table was fairly simple, with just some painted letters, as well as custom bride and groom caramel apples. Each guest was given one apple as their wedding favor. 
 

Jay made us these cute chair signs, and we loved that our chairs had something special on them.



The rest of our details included a flower girl basket, our cupcake towers which were cut by my cousin and uncle, a flip flop basket full of teal and green and black shoes for guests to change into, embellished, engraved spoons for hot apple cider, stamped beverage napkins... too many to name. I worked on details, details, details, and I don't regret a single thing. It's what people noticed, and what people continue to comment on to this day. Everyone had so many wonderful things to say about the work that went into it, and at the end of the day, I was just so proud of everything we managed to do as non-professional wedding planners! :)


 
 

Up Next: The Final Part

No comments:

Post a Comment