Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Our Wedding... Part 7 - We Walk!

The ceremony began at 3pm... we arrived a little before that and waited in the car for everyone to take their places. I remember seeing my cousin Mason standing up ahead in his cute teal and grey outfit. My mom's best friend and my brother's girlfriend brought out our bouquets, and Linda started tearing up when I rolled down the window. I have been like the daughter she never had since I was about 10 years old, and she was like my mom! Having her hand me my bouquet was very special!

Then our minster came out to greet us. She told me that Aaron was very nervous, and that I should grab his hand when I got to him to let him know it would all be okay. He was inside with his groomsmen waiting to walk down the aisle.

 
When everyone took their places, we were rushed inside to the bathroom for last minute preparations.

I could hear the music, and knew that Aaron was waiting probably walking the aisle as I stood there. I couldn't wait to see him!







 
Aaron had walked first, followed by his dad and Best Man. Cliff walked my step-mother before Matt walked his mom, and Tory walked my mom. I guess as the bride we count on these photos to tell a story because we are hidden away when this happens. And these photos tell a thousand words about how happy everyone was at that moment, especially my adorable mom!
The flower girl and ring bearer who had just met for the first time on Thursday apparently did a wonderful job, and got a lot of smiles!
 


 
The girls and I, with my dad holding me tightly, walked the back stairs to line up.
 
 
One of the funniest moments happened right then. Andrei was in charge of the music, and we were watching him for cues. But Lizz didn't get it the right cue, and started the walk before we had time to say anything, and started walking. Luckily I pulled her back, but you can see us all gathered in the back in the two pictures above.
 
Then the right song came on, "I'm Yours" originally by Jason Mraz but covered by the Vitamin String Quartet. The girls made their way inside...





 
 
Looking back now, I think that I thought leading up to it that I was most looking forward to the reception. But the moment my dad and I rounded the corner to walk down the aisle to the song "I Can't Help Falling In Love" by Vitamin String Quartet, I saw my whole life standing at the end of the aisle.
 







And then the end of the aisle was there... my dad hugged me one last time as a single woman, and welcomed the start of my new life!

 
Up Next: We Say I Do!

No comments:

Post a Comment