Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Our Wedding... Part 14 - First Dances

After dinner and speeches, it was time for my first dance with my dad. I'd send him suggestions, but he ended up choosing his own song, "You're the Best Thing" by Ray Price. It's a very old song, and it wasn't what I'd expected it, but what Daddy wants, Daddy gets... and I had to give him this one.

We danced and laughed and cried. He asked me if I was happy, and I confirmed that I'd never been happier in my whole life.

 
So far that day, my dad had been a rock. No tears that I'd seen, no over the top emotions like my mom! But as soon as it was just him and I on that dance floor like we'd been when I was little, he lost it! The above picture was me trying to make him laugh with a story about Aaron smelling up the whole room the day before during set up. I figured if he wasn't crying, I wouldn't cry either. It didn't work. 




We both cried, and he told me that he chose the song because I was the best thing that's ever happened to him. I cried some more then told him I'd keep that secret from my brother! :) I must say that it was a wonderful moment between a dad and his little girl.


Aaron and his mom took the floor next. He had a hard time picking a song that was suitable for his rock-and-roll-loving mom. But I suggested "What a Wonderful World" because I knew that the song would be perfect for her... and it was. It was a lovely dance between a mom and her first born.



 
 
Up Next: Anniversary Dancing

No comments:

Post a Comment