Monday, June 3, 2013

Stagette

On September 22nd, 2012 all of my bridesmaids and a good friend showed up at my house at the crack of dawn. They had kept me in complete darkness about what was in store for my "Last Fling Before The Ring"... aka stagette. They only told me to pack for one night and bring a cute dress. I was all packed, working on little sleep due to the excitement, and buzzing with anticipation.

When they all arrived, they gathered in my carport and announced "GET READY TO CRUISE, LEGARE!"

We all piled into Darren's SUV (the perks of having a friend working for Avis) and headed south of the border!


After stopping for breakfast at Sherri's in Bellingham and receiving our stagette gear such as fun pins and logo shirts announcing the end of my single life, then making a quick pit stop at Target for some essentials (booze, snacks, wine, lip gloss, fireball, more wine), we were on our way to the cruise ship in Seattle!




We arrived at the terminal, already a bottle of champagne in us, ready to rock that boat!





Once on board, we settled into our state room. The girls did an amazing job with organizing everything. They got us side-by-side rooms with adjoining balconies that we split 3 girls to a room. They segregated me to the other room while they went to town decorating for the festivities. When they were all done, they presented me with an abundance of very thoughtful gifts! From a bridal-themed box of Philosophy lotions to a wedding colored water bottle to lip gloss and mascara and much, much more... I was spoiled. And it all came in this beautiful teal bag I'd been drooling over about 18 months earlier that Jay tucked away for the special occasion!




After I surprised each girl with a gift that had meaning behind it, and we all shed a lot of tears, we pulled ourselves together and hit the deck to enjoy the sun, fruity drinks, and lot of fun dancing!










 
After we enjoyed the outdoors some more, we headed back to our room for dancing and wine. This part of the party is for our eyes only (we got a little crazy)... so we skip ahead to dinner.
 
We enjoyed dinner in the dining room where we had reservations. We all got dolled up in our finest, and ordered pretty much everything on the menu. The food on this cruise ship was amazing, and I still get tummy grumbles when I think about their fettuccini alfredo - probably the best I've had anywhere EVER!




After dinner, we got touched up and headed to the club Y'ALL!  We danced our butts off and headed home to order in some pizza and try to avoid a hangover. (Emily and I were the only 2 who didn't feel like death the next day!)
 



It was an amazing day and a wonderful evening full of laughter, dancing, and quality time spent with the best girlfriends I could ever hope for! They all went above and beyond to ensure that I had a great time and a weekend that I'll never forget.

PS - Check to see how many people ended up wearing my fedora through the course of the weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment