Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Our Wedding... The final part

Our wedding was over... we were in our room alone, just Aaron and I, and we were married! The dress was hung up, the suit and tie were zipped in it's bag, my hair was unpinned, and we had new rings on our fingers. We couldn't believe it! All that planning, all that anticipation, all that excitement... it was all in the past. This was our future - me and Aaron, just the two of us for the rest of our lives. And we LOVED it!

I have to admit that I am still in mourning about the day being over. I had so much fun planning out every detail, working with vendors, making decisions, being creative. But I think I'm mourning that time in my life where my family all came together to make this amazing event happen, the trips with my girlfriends, the daily emails, the laughs, all in anticipation of the biggest day of our lives!

But now I get to look back at it with the fondest memories... I still have the photos, the mental pictures I took myself of the monumental important snapshots in time, some of the décor hanging in my office in our new home. I have that day locked inside my heart for the rest of my life like the important treasure it is!

The day after the wedding, Aaron and I met up with my brother, Cindy, Linda, and my mom for brunch at our hotel.


It was the first time we got to hear stories of the wedding from someone else's perspective, and we loved being able to hear first hand how much they enjoyed it.

It's now 7 months later. I'm just getting around to documenting that time in my life... and what makes this special for me is that 2 of the girls who stood beside me as my MOH and my bridesmaid are now expecting babies. It's a new chapter in all of our lives!

As I close this chapter in MY life, I'm opening up a new one! Stay tuned for posts about all of the exciting things that followed our wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment