Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Christmas as a Regehr

This past Christmas, 2012, was monumental for several reasons... it was the first time we were celebrating as a married couple, it was the first time I had a new last name, it was the first in our new house!
 
We had fun decorating our new home for the holidays because we'd just finished unpacking!
 



I took Jay with me to the Vancouver Christmas Market where we ate and rode a carousel!




 
 
Christmas Eve, as usual, was spent at the Child household with our family and many extended members of the family including family friends and boyfriends/girlfriends. We always do a pot luck, always have! We overindulge in good food and drinks, and then sloth around trying to get the kids to unwrap their presents and trying to figure out a round of Gift Steal, which always ends in some hurt feelings. :) 





 
Christmas morning is the one time that Aaron and I are alone and get to spend some quality time together. This year was very exciting for Aaron - we were married and celebrating in our own home. He woke up VERY early, put the Christmas tree lights on, made me coffee, and turned on the carols. Then he woke me up to exchange gifts!




I made a cranberry orange morning bread to bring to my mom's on Christmas morning, and it was a hit! Maybe I'll post the recipe later.


My mom's house is always FULL of wrapped gifts. It literally spills out from the tree and takes up most of her living room. Her dog always opens first!


Mom likes to be santa, but her eyes are so bad now that I try to help her out as best as I can, but she will always want that role.


After exchanging gifts with my mom, brother, and Cindy, we had the Regehr family over for Christmas dinner. I made roast beef, potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, and all the fixings.


Boxing day is traditionally spent at my dad's house, but due to his over-extended renovation timeline on his only bathroom, we offered our new home for the festivities.

 


I made a pork loin and salmon for dinner with roasted vegetables and rice pilaf. We all sat around our table and enjoyed having us all in our new home for the first time!


No comments:

Post a Comment