Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Our Wedding... Part 13 - Dinner, Brothers, and Cupcakes

After the speeches from our MOH and Best Man, dinner was ready to be served. The DAC had received a lot of positive reviews on line about their food, so I was excited to eat! They did NOT disappoint!







After dinner, Tory got up to speak. He wasn't asked to, but had told us in advance that it would mean a lot for him to say something at our wedding, and we were honored.



He told the guests about how when we were little, I used to make him and his friends play house with me. I was always the wife and mother, and Tory often had to play the grandma or aunt.


He told stories about our childhood, and how lucky he was to have me as his big sister, his translator, and his best friend. Yes, I cried during his speech too!



And then the moment when everyone cried was when he ended his speech with saying that he was so happy that I found my happily ever after, and that I finally had someone to play real-life house with. He told Aaron to always take care of me, because I will always take care of him! His speech was one of the things I remember most about the entire day!


After a little mingling and dancing, we got to one of the last formalities - cake cutting. My dad, Wendy, Sean, and two of their friends spent the evening before making my cupcakes for me. Wendy snuck in before the ceremony to place them on their stands, and everyone went CRAZY for them. They made chocolate chip, coconut, and vanilla cupcakes in both full size and mini. They also made a larger cake for our custom-made cake topper to sit on, and it was even more than I imagined!















 

Up next... First Dances!

No comments:

Post a Comment