Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Our Wedding... Part 3 - Day Before!

The day before our wedding was going to be full and crazy. Jay, the MOH, stayed over the night before so she'd be there for the festivities and didn't have to drive back and forth to Aldergrove. But when she woke up that morning, she was super duper sick. We made her tea and breakfast, and pumped her full of drugs. Aaron ran her a bath while we organized the last minute things like packing Aaron's bag. This was the last day we'd spend together before saying I DO!

Lisa and Lizz dropped off the rental SUV at our place, and we hopped in our truck to go pick up the last girl, Emily who was getting a tan. First stop - lunch... good food always makes us happy!





 
I loved my special glass, and YES I do still have it! I'm keeping it for the next girl to get married!

The girls and I went to get our nails done, and my mom, after getting lost and showing up very late, joined us! Manis and pedis for everyone... and Jay took a quick cat nap!






While we were busy with getting beautified, Aaron went to pick up our caramel apples. We picked up appies for the evening while we were running around, as well as a quick stop at the liquor store, then headed to our venue for set up.

Aaron had packed up all our wedding supplies, and met us at the venue with my brother and Andrei (Emily's amazing hubby). We got to work turning the already beautiful DAC into the reality of all my planning! We started with the reception space, going through each and every corner from the tables, to the cake table to the bar. We fussed over the head table placement, and fought a little with the staff to ensure NO salt and pepper shakers or sugar containers were on the tables because they clashed with my vision, but other than that most of it was fairly seamless.








Then we moved on to the ceremony space, which was much less work.





Once everything was set up and in it's place, it literally took my breath away. I stood back and just saw all of my 2 years of planning, hard work, sweat, blood, and tears suddenly being 100% worth it and everything I'd ever dreamed of - right there in front of my eyes.




We sent the boys home early because all the heavy lifting was complete. When we were satisfied that our work was done, we had one more errand to run (fixing Jay's spray tan) then home for showers, appies, wine, and Sex and the City.



We hit bed before 11:30pm with hopes that we would sleep well in anticipation of everything the next day was going to bring!

Up Next: The Girls Get Ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment