Friday, June 14, 2013

What makes me happy...

Sometimes, when I'm feeling blue or sorry for myself, I have to pull myself out of the funk because no one else will do it for me. I learned how to do this when I was in my 20's and was going through some really hard times. I'd fallen into a very deep depression, and the best way for me to get up and go every day was to remind myself daily of something good that happened the day before, even if it was a very small, insignificant-to-most thing.

I'm feeling good today, but I thought that with the rain hanging out over my office, I'd put together my list of what makes me happy:

My husband, Aaron, who reminds me EVERY SINGLE DAY that I'm more than just loved, I'm absolutely, undeniably adored. He makes me laugh, he makes me smile, he makes me feel worthy, which sometimes is hard to feel.

 
My girlfriends. The wonderful thing about my friends is that even though I may not talk to them every day, I know that they love me and they know that I love them. I'd do anything for any of them. They all give me different types of love and friendship, and have helped me through some of the worst times in my life, and celebrated with me through the BEST times of my life. 

 
My cats. I know this sounds strange, but these two little guys have provided me with more love than most people on the planet. They are my babies and they are forever going to be the loves of my life. Every day they find a new way to make me laugh, and have such unique little personalities. 

 
My baby cousins. Calista and Colby are such sweet little kids, and they always warm my heart when they call me Auntie Tara. Their pure joy and unrelenting innocence makes me happy. I hope my own children are as wonderful as they are!

 
The women in my family. They are all very strong, independent souls. They are all unique and beautiful and so full of love that sometimes it's almost too much! :) They are what keeps our family together. 

 
The men in my family. My brother and my dad would do anything for anyone. They treat me with the utmost respect, and have shown me throughout my life that real men do exist. My cousin and uncle are the same. They are all very hard working men who love the women in their lives. 
 
 
Camping with friends. I can't wait to go camping again this year. We've gone every year with the same people, and I'm so thankful for these memories!


 
Coffee. Enough said. 

 
Good food. I'm a foodie. I love food. I have a love-hate relationship because I love it so much and it gives me such a fat body. 

 
Snow. I love the snow because it means winter. I love it because it's crisp and beautiful and makes it feel like a wonderland. But I hate driving in it. 
 
 
The Canucks and Lions. I love my home town sports teams. I bleed blue and white and orange and black. Through and through!

 


Christmas... or any holiday for that matter. I love celebrating. I love the family get togethers, friends gathering, the food, the presents, the singing, the decorating, the cheering. I love it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment