Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Our Wedding... Part 1 - Date Night

On Wednesday November 7th, Aaron and I had a date-night planned. We met up at home (I had the whole week off to finish organizing and clean the house) and ventured to The Boathouse for dinner. We had put a splurge dinner in our wedding budget so we went all out with appies, wine, dinner, and dessert which we never do!






This was the night we were going to exchange gifts. I was so nervous because I wasn't sure how he was going to react to mine.

He went first, and bought me a pearl bracelet, just like I'd wanted. I held out buying one for myself in hopes that he'd get me one!


Then it was his turn. The first gift contained this box:


 
Inside the box was a bottle of wine from Napa Valley, vintage 2010 (the year we got engaged). The next gift was a picture frame, with a heart made of wine bottles and stickers about San Francisco and Napa Valley.




He wasn't really sure what to do with it. He thought it was cool artwork, but when I told him to think a bit harder, he realized we were going there! I booked us a 4 night trip to San Francisco in May, 6 months after the wedding. He was blown away. He couldn't believe I'd saved for over a year to make the trip happen for us. At first he was a little bit worried that his gift paled in comparison, but I told him that it was EXACTLY what I'd wanted, and couldn't have asked for anything else. It was what I needed, and something I'll treasure for the rest of my life.

After dinner, we went home to try to sleep and get rid of the nerves.

Up next: Rehearsal Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment