Monday, June 3, 2013

Showered with Love

My mom and aunt organized my bridal shower for me on October 13th, 2012. It was a day full of love, friends, and family, and I was very overwhelmed with the amount of kindness I received.
 
It was a potluck style event, with the theme of Around the World. Everyone brought a delicious dish from different countries including India, China, Ireland, England, Japan, Mexico, and Italy. My mom and aunt just went crazy with the food!  My favorite was the fruit bouquet!  







My cousin's wife made some beautiful wedding colored cupcakes that I'm sure I had 2 of... cheating on my WW diet!


 
After we ate lunch, we got to the games... it was so much fun! We did one game where my mom asked my husband-to-be questions, and every time I answered a question wrong, I had to take a piece of gum. YUP - I ate the whole pack of gum! :) But some of Aaron's answers were so sweet, like what he loves most about me is my ability to be silly, and what he thinks I love about him is also his silliness. And it's so true! We also played a game where I had to guess everyone's celebrity crushes, and some were disturbing! :)



When the games were complete, and I was utterly good and embarrassed, we got on with the gift opening which made me extremely nervous! Way too much focus on me! :)


I received a lot of money to go towards our amazing honeymoon in Mexico, but I also received a lot of thoughtful gifts.


As well as this racy number from.................. MY MOM!



Jay, as the maid of honor, made me a very personal gift of a journal for our marriage full of cute photos of Aaron and I. I still haven't had a chance to use it, but I'm going to make more of an effort to jot down important milestones.



I got some cute stationary, Rubbermaid containers, a Christmas ornament, and the most amazing gift from my mom that had me hysterically crying... a locket with a picture of my deceased cat to pin to the inside of my dress so he'd be with me on my big day. Even writing this now, 7 months later, I still cry. Dakota was my baby, and even though he's been gone since 2005, I miss him every day.




 
The day was filled with so much love from all the generations in my family - my mom, my 2 aunts, my new mother-in-law, my step-mother, friends of my mom's that I've known my whole life, new members of our family, my best friends... it was more than I could have ever asked for!
 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment