Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Our Wedding... Part 2 - Rehearsal Day

On Thursday November 8th, I up my Maid of Honor at her house. I was so excited to start the journey towards becoming a wife! I hadn't been sleeping much - the excitement was so overwhelming and I'm pretty sure I showed up half an hour early!

After the long drive to Aldergrove, we stocked up on Starbucks and headed to Burnaby for a spray tan and lunch! Afterwards, we headed into Vancouver to pick up our Apple Pie Pops from our amazing vendor The Pie Hole! This is a picture of the final outcome...


Jay found this apple box full of records at a thrift store that her mother-in-law works at! She called me and asked if I wanted it for $20 and it was a no-brainer! It was perfect. And the pie pops were a HUGE hit! Even if people didn't eat them there, they took one to go! I found out from the vendor later that after my wedding, some of the guests booked her for future events!

After running around all day, we went home to my place to change and meet up with my future groom. We headed to my mom's hall (where my bridal shower took place) for the rehearsal dinner.



The minster Debra ran through the wedding with everyone, and even though half of our bridal party, including the parents, have a severe case of short attention spans, we managed to work our way through the ceremony plan in less than an hour. Aaron and I just stared at each other and laughed knowing that the day was just going to be what it was, and there wasn't too much more we could do!

After the ceremony run-through, Debra left and we indulged in lots of pasta, salad, ribs, and garlic bread! My cousin, her man, and son arrived from Mirror, AB that day, and I was so happy to see them!


We all sat around and chatted through dinner, but once it was over, the nerves set in. It was time to hand out the gifts!!!


For each of our parents, we got very personalized gifts. They each got a handkerchief that was embroidered with a message and the wedding date, as well as a photo of us holding a sign with the promise of a wedding album. Both of the dads got ties and hand-made boutenniers made by MOI! My father-in-law got a pocket watch, and my dad got some cigars, an extra tie because he's picky, and some custom Harley Davidson cufflinks.

For the mom's, I made all of them their jewellery to wear on the wedding day. They each got a wrap to keep them warm, a pink polka dot robe, and a brooch to wear with their outfits. My mom and mother-in-law got custom hangers for their dresses, and my mom and Wendy got their hair and make-up paid for by us as well. My mom got some extra gifts cause she's my mom and helped out more than most know. She got an extra necklace with an eternity charm with a pearl in it, as well as a hair clip because she was struggling with hair ideas. She was the last to open her gift because she was busy cleaning, but I knew she was postponing opening it because she couldn't stop crying. :)
 

Each of the bridesmaids got a black wrap, handmade jewellery, a jewellery bag, a personalized sign, some lip gloss, owl socks, compacts, flip flops for dancing, gloves for staying warm, a hanger with their name on it to keep their dresses on, and pink robes for getting ready the day of the wedding. I packed it all in cute "Owl You Need Is Love" bags... and the girls loved it all!

 

I loved putting the girls gifts together, but the guys were a little harder to shop for because, well, they are guys. Aaron decided on flasks, which he filled with fireball, custom cufflinks for each guy, and Converse sneakers with green laces for the day of the wedding. I threw in some gloves to keep them warm, which sure helped on that cold but sunny day in November. Tory, my brother, got xbox cufflinks, Matt got drums, Cliff got bananas (inside joke) and the Best Man Mike got motorcycle ones. I got Aaron some Transformer ones for Christmas, so the 5 of them together were pretty cool the day of the wedding! 
 




I also gave my aunt and uncle, as well as my cousins and the MC each small gifts of toffee and apple cider for all their help, as well as a flask and fireball to Andrei for his assistance with our music.

Perhaps the one that made me laugh the most was the kids. Each of the non-wedding kids got a little bag full of things to keep them occupied. Rylan got a football that said "Ring Bearer" on it, as well as his tiny little tie and matching shoes to the groomsmen. Calista, the flower girl, was given her dress by us, as well as some handmade jewellery and a handmade hair flower. She also got a little book about flower girls and perhaps the most exciting gift of all - a Wedding Barbie! It was a hit!


All in all, the events leading up to the wedding were going fantastic!!!


 
Up Next: The Day Before the Wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment