Thursday, July 4, 2013

Our disgusting kitchen!

I feel like I'm on HGTV and get to finally reveal our new kitchen! A little backstory first... when we first looked at our townhouse in August 2012, we almost didn't go inside. I was tired, hot, and afraid that the asking price was too high. I just didn't even want to bother. But Aaron and our realtor convinced me to just check it out anyways.

My husband likes to tell people that he knew it was meant for us when he walked through the doors because it was painted in our wedding color of apple green! :) Needless to say, we were smitten with the place - it had newer dark laminate floors, a main floor bathroom, 3 bedrooms upstairs with a hall bath and a master bath, a washer dryer on the main level, and a decent sized kitchen. I remember not loving the kitchen, but thinking that it was okay at first sight.

We put an offer on the house after only visiting it once, and after a lot of nervous weeks, discussions, negotiations, exasperation over insurance issues, and finally a midnight phone call, the townhouse was ours!

When we got the keys on December 1st, my first thought was "Oh my god, what did we get ourselves into?" I H.A.T.E.D the kitchen. It was useless. It was dysfunctional. It was dirty. It had mold. It was not us. So what did we do? We lived with it until March when we finally took a sledgehammer to that mofo!

Here's the demo pics:



 






Up next: The Reveal

No comments:

Post a Comment