Thursday, July 4, 2013

The living room...

When we first moved in, I thought I loved the bright greens and dark greens in the living room. But the more I lived with it, the more I hate it. What I hated more, though, was the horrible painting job the previous residents did... it was bad! So while the kitchen renovations were wrapping up, I hired my retired uncle to come over and paint. It was exhausting trying to pick the right colors, but I think I nailed it. 
BEFORE
 
 AFTER
 
BEFORE
 
AFTER
 
BEFORE
 
 AFTER
 
The media wall
 
 
I changed the wall colors to light and dark gray and repainted all the trim a nice glossy white. My uncle did most of the light colors, but I did all the dark ones over the course of 2 nights. I also did all the trim, the doors, and the baseboards. It feels so much more fresh and modern and cozy and US! It also doesn't feel as dark, even though this pictures may show otherwise.
 
I also updated the artwork. My favorite two pieces are a photo of our rings resting on an apple from our wedding that I had blown up and put over our buffet, and a piece of beautiful craft paper I found at a store in Seattle that I knew I wanted to frame for our living room. Funny enough, a lot of the tones in the picture match perfectly with the wall, and it gets a lot of attention from guests wondering what it is... it looks like unique wood grain from a tree stump. It's beautiful. I was also able to hang the REGEHR picture that Aaron got me for Valentines Day.
 
I'm very proud of our home. It's comfortable, it's calm, it's full of our personality. And soon, it will welcome our baby home. Amazing what can happen in less than a year!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment