Monday, July 15, 2013

My Scentsy Business

In February 2013 I officially joined Scentsy as a consultant, and I've loved representing them to my clients! It's been slow due to my shallow pool of contacts, but I feel like I'm rejuvenated to start promoting the business further after a great session with my sponsor on Saturday!

Scentsy is something I truly believe in... I love their products and use them myself. I love their family-run mentality, their customer service, their commissions program, the commraderie, the ever-changing scents and warmers. I just adore the company.

I guess my shyness is a bit of a hindrance when it comes to being in sales. It always has been. But when my friends and family and strangers alike get excited, I know it's all worth it.



On Sunday at Emily's baby shower, my friend tried my Scentsy hand cream and everyone around us commented how great she smelled - she was my walking advertisement. It got me thinking - I'm going to send out hand cream samples to my clients that love lotions and are around a lot of people. Maybe it will generate some new business? Maybe it will just entice them to try it. Who knows. But I need to do something.

The whole point of me joining a consultant business was for me to earn a little extra money for when I go on mat leave. But finding something that I love myself makes it easier to want to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment