Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I have to give props to my hubby...

I think in the almost 5 weeks since we found out that we're expecting, my hubby has only been annoyed with me once. For the most part, he has completely exceeded my expectations as a patient and loving father-to-be to his pregnant wife. He has cleaned and cooked and shopped and bent to almost all of my needs. He has rubbed my shoulders and feet, he has cut watermelon for me late at night, he has calmed me down when I start to feel overwhelmed.

Yesterday I felt like I was going to explode. I was so beyond tired that my vision was blurred. I had a pounding headache, and unable to take anything because it might harm Peanut. I had heartburn. I had nausea. Yup - I was a mess. So after working a full day at his job and then studying for 2 hours, he picked up sushi from our favorite place, rubbed my head, and stayed on the couch with me watching two of our favorite shows on PVR.

I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to have his support and unconditional love during a time when I feel anything but stellar. I don't know if his patience will last for the next 6 months, but so far, I am falling more and more in love with him the further I get in this pregnancy. I didn't think I could love him anymore than I did, but somehow, creating a child together has made me fall head over heels in love with him all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment