Friday, July 12, 2013

My role is changing...

I had a meeting with my manager, and we discussed my mat leave dates. I think that's when this whole thing suddenly felt SO much bigger than me. I will be off work for a year... I haven't done that since I was 16! I know that staying home with an infant is the biggest job you can have - it's a 24/7 career! But how am I going to handle not going to work every day?

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My role at this company has changed and evolved over the almost 14 years I've been employed with them. I've done everything I can do... but my new role as a mother-to-be-going-on-mat-leave-soon is completely new to me. When we talked about when I'd start my leave, I think I had a mixed reaction - eagerness to start my new title of MOM and anxiety over relinquishing my role at my company. Who would know this job the way I do? Who would be able to figure everything out? Who would babysit and nurture and coddle the guys the way I do? :)
 
I know that everything will be fine - and if it's not, that's not my problem until I come back in a year's time. Maybe in a year they will think that my role is a cake walk and have replaced me without a second thought. Or maybe they'll realize I just did my job so well that I made it look easy, and they couldn't do it without me! Who's to say? Who knows?
 
But I know that I've wanted to be a mom since I was a little girl, and I've wanted to be a mom to Aaron's child since the first time I kissed him. And THIS is the role I belong in more than any other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment