Friday, January 6, 2012

Our Wedding Year...

That's right... 309 days to go!!! We've been engaged now for 14 months, but because we were engaged in 2010 and we're getting married in 2012, it feels like it was forever ago that Aaron was down on one knee and I said YES! Now that we're finally in our wedding year, everything seems so final.

When things happen now, I think "Wow, that's the last (blank) that I'll spend as a single woman." This was our last Christmas before we're husband and wife, last New Year's Eve, last traditional NY Day dinner with my family and friends, last birthday. Upcoming will be the last Valentine's Day we spend as singles, last anniversary before we cancel it and celebrate our wedding anniversary, last presents that I buy for my boyfriend or fiance. As of November 10th, we'll be having all new firsts... turning 32 as a married lady, our first married Christmas where we get "married" ornaments, and the first gifts I get to buy my Husband!

I'm so excited to marry him, and he's finally started to get excited as well. He's thinking of honeymoon locations and researching them! He's listing me as his wife under emergency contacts (okay, to be fair I was "wife" because he couldn't spell "fiance" but still!!), and he sometimes just looks and me and giggles and says "We're getting married!". It's really sweet, and I'm counting down the next 309 days until it's official!

No comments:

Post a Comment