Monday, January 16, 2012

I made it...

It's not complete, but I made my own necklace.






Basically, I made 3 strings of pearls, and fastened it together. The little jewel that you see on the side there is a ring that my Nana owned. I didn't have a broach that I loved, so I just cut the ring part off! There were fake pearls in the setting that were peeling, so I popped them out and hot glued my owl pearls in the setting. I then strung the wire from the 3 strands through the holes, and kept beading it. It took me over an hour and a half to complete, constantly shooing Aaron out of the area of the living room so he wouldn't see my wedding accessories. I was honestly trying to do something completely different that I couldn't get to work, so this is what I ended up with.



I don't love it yet... it needs some attention and some tweaking, but I think in the end it will be lovely!


The above is a horrible Blackberry picture of me in my headpiece and necklace that I took at David's on Friday when I picked up my dress and tried the whole outfit on. My mom couldn't work the camera on my phone no matter how many times I showed her, so this is a self-portrait. Obviously I'm not going to reveal my dress yet, but you kind of get an idea. Right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment