Monday, January 30, 2012

Hey Mr. DJ...

Our DJ choices are limited because we had such a small budget. I didn't want to spend $1000 on music, but knew that music sets the tone of a wedding, and I wanted a kick-butt party! So we discussed our options, and had a few people in mind.

We hummed and hawed and hummed some more. We had 2 or 3 friends that could do it, but one of them was the husband of a friend I've worked with for 12 years, and we wanted him to be a part of the wedding, not working it. Another one works with Aaron, and his personality didn't seem to be one that would entice people to boogey. But when a good friend reminded me about his friend that I've seen dj a few times, I put Aaron in charge of interviewing him.

They chatted yesterday on the phone, and it turns out that Jarod's full time job is creating playlists for multiple restaurants and businesses, so he's really the perfect person to give us the best ambiance and party that we could ask for.

We'll be meeting with him in a few weeks to discuss our vision and sign a contract, but I have no doubts about whether or not he's the right choice for us! He's $150 more than we budgeted for, but still less than most professional djs charge in the wedding industry!

So Hey Mr. DJ, play that song! Whoop whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment