Friday, January 20, 2012

Wine of the Month...

Last night while sweating on the eliptical and daydreaming about the weekend, I decided that I wanted to introduce something new to our weekend. Actually, we tried this a few years ago, but it didn't last. I decided that every 15th of the month we'd invest in a bottle of wine from one country and see if we could gather some information about wines we enjoy to stock our wine bar for parties we'll have as the wedding approaches.

Because January is "chilly" I decided we'd start with "Chile"! Get it? :) I'm a corn-ball, I know!

So for myself, because I'm a white wine drinker, especially of the fruitier varieties, I started with the Cono Sur Gewurtzraminer.

For Aaron, I decided on a Dona Dominga Cabernet Sauvingnon. I mostly chose this one because the label said that it had won some awards for the best winery in Chile. I figured it couldn't hurt!


I decided that Friday nights would be our wine night, and because we rarely finish a bottle each in a night, we could enjoy a glass the next evening as well.

I'll update on our findings each Monday morning.

Next month we'll be trying February "France"... cause French is the language of love, and it's Valentine's Day month. Okay... I'll try to stop being so cheesy now, except that we'll be serving it with brie, and that's cheesy... okay, that's the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment