Friday, August 23, 2013

My fur babies...

Aaron and I frequently say that we don't know what we'd do without our fur babies... they make us laugh every day! Keiko just turned 10 and Halo just turned 9, although they both still have moments of acting like kittens.








I got Keiko from a friend who had a 6 month old kitten give birth to a litter of 6, and I took one to give him a good home. I've loved him since the second I laid eyes on him! Aaron, much to his own shagrin, got Halo from a pet store. He walked by and saw the little puff-ball in the window and had to have him.

Keiko is 100% a mamma's boy - he follows me wherever I go and sleeps at my feet on the bed. He won't go downstairs in the morning until I'm ready to go, and then he runs half-way down, turns around to make sure I'm following, and then continues on. He likes to cuddle on his own time, and has developed a fascinating habit of kissing on the mouth and rubbing his mouth along your toes. He's weird, but I love him! He is crazy and unique with so many quirky traits. He loves all seafood, doritos, ranch dip, olives, yogurt, milk, and blue cheese. He loves jingle balls and cat nip and treats, which he'll ask for with much determination in his voice. He's stubborn and strong-headed. If he wants something, he'll get it (much like his momma!). He learned early how to open doors, he shadow-boxes mirrors, he drinks from the tap, he will pretty much sleep anywhere and get into any bag, box, or open drawer. He will rip your hand apart if he is having a bad moment, but he will also shower you with love and adoration and the most adorable loud purring appreciation.




 
 



 
    


 
 
 



 





Halo is a whole other story. He's pretty calm, except when it comes to food. He's become a piggy wiggly since moving in with me and his brother! He's bigger than Keiko with a puffier tale, even though most can't tell the difference. He's sweet and docile and a hippie through and through. He likes cat nip and food and sleeping and food and sleeping and more food and sleeping! :) He likes to sleep with one leg hanging down and often sleeps on his back. He's a creature of habit - Keiko can sleep anywhere and eat almost any food whereas Halo has very specific sleeping areas and likes very specific food. He's got very soft fur and the face of an old man, a very high-pitched voice and one missing tooth which often lets his tongue hang out the side of his mouth. He loves good pets and his brush, cat nip mice, fabric shopping bags that he licks until you shoo him away, and lunch meat and chicken. He is skittish and scared of loud noises. He will demand attention with meows and a clawing paw, and thinks that if you're in the kitchen, it's time for his meal. He's adorable and funny and sweet - very much like his father! :)








We are mom and dad, through and through, and the little monkeys give us so many moments of pure, unadulterated amusement and unconditional love. They greet me at the door when I get home from work, and seem to know when I need their presence around me. They are probably two of the best things that has ever happened to us as individuals, as a couple, and as a family. They are sometimes a foundation for us, but most of all, they are our fur babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment