Friday, August 2, 2013

12 Weeks + 5 Days...

Hard to tell if I'm showing or if it's just an ice cream belly:

This is my first real self-portrait of my belly... and if I wasn't already feeling gross, I am now! :) But this is my journal and I need to be honest.

I'm very excited that in 2 1/2 weeks we'll be at our first prenatal appointment and I'll learn more about what's going on inside me. According to my research, the baby is just starting to form fingerprints, and is 3" long - that's about the size of a pea pod. Our little sweet pea!

According to the Chinese calendar, we're having a boy. I don't know if I've told you but we're not going to find out what we're having. Aaron really doesn't want to know so I'm okay with waiting. It's already challenging because we don't know how to decorate the nursery, and I restrain from buying cute clothes I see. Everything has to be neutral just in case. Luckily, I'm not a fan of pink or purple, so I wouldn't be indulging in those shades anyways, but it's already fairly hard... but it makes the arrival of the peanut that much more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment