Thursday, September 26, 2013

Hey Baby...

Tuesday night was our 20 week ultrasound... I was 20 weeks and 2 days...

Here I am... no hiding this belly any longer!
 
I knew I loved this baby from the time the doctor said the test was positive. I fell in love more when we saw the little peanut on the first scan, almost lost it when I heard the heartbeat for the first time, fell harder when the next heartbeat monitor was strong and loud and easy to find... but when I saw her/his face on the screen Tuesday night - I've never felt that kind of love before. At 14oz, this child has a face and little arms and little legs. The tech said that her/his brain looks great, the kidneys are good, all the toes and fingers are there, and she/he was a little yoga master. She/he had lots of room to move around, but liked to curl up into a ball with the legs above the head... swimming around, eating the fluid, moving in little circles. She/he was breach with the head right at my belly button. I couldn't believe that I saw the little lips and nose and ears and feet. I am so in love with this baby already!
 
 
The other interesting part the tech told me was that my placenta is on the front wall which is why it's taking a long time to feel the movement. I was worried before she told me that, so it was quite a relief! In the truck on the way to our appointment, with a completely full bladder, I was sure I felt a kick. But after thinking about it, I think it was my IC-plagued bladder having a spasm. The tech also told us that in the next few weeks, the kicks will feel like real kicks!
 
Ms. Jay is almost ready for Piglet to make her grand entrance - just 4 more weeks to go. Knowing how far she's come with so many obstacles (bad sickies all the way through), I know that the rest of this time acting as the home for this darling baby is going to fly by. As much as I can't wait to meet her/him, I am loving being the home that keeps her/him safe.
 
I love you, baby! You have changed me already and I am loving being your mom already!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment