Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cravings of a Pregnant Lady...

Did you have any strange or overwhelming cravings when you were pregnant? Did you want something so badly that you'd stop at nothing to get it?
 
I haven't so much yet, but I have had a few minor ones:
 
1. Watermelon - for the first entire trimester, I think we went through 4 whole large watermelons. I wanted it all the time!
 
2. Fried Pickles - I searched all over the tri-cities for fried pickles, and found them. I still want them all the time (delish!) but it's an indulgence that I keep to a minimum.
 
3. Sweets - cookies, cookies, cookies! Pie, cheesecake, tarts, etc.
 
4. Summer rolls - these are those delicious rice paper wraps filled with vermicelli noodles and usually shrimp and veggies. You dip them in creamy peanut sauce and stuff your face! Yum!
 
5. Salsa - there's a post coming up about this. Good salsa reminds me now of our beautiful honeymoon!
 
6. Pho - I can't eat pho because it's always made with meaty broth, but I have made it at home before. I may have to try it again. 
 

7. Meat - I've been a vegetarian for 16 years. I started consuming seafood about 9 years ago, but lately I've been turned off by seafood and craving ribs, bacon, and steak. I'm not sure what to do about that. It makes me think that the baby needs it!

8. Thai food - pretty much any curry really, but Thai curry in particular. I can't get enough.

9. Disgusting neon orange chili cheese sauce - self-explanatory.

10. Ice Cream - any and all frozen products from ice cream to popsicles to slushies to milkshakes.

None of these have been the kind of craving that wakes me up at night or that I send Aaron to the store for at 4am. None of them have affected my well-being, but I am pretty sure that it may get worse before it gets better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment