Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday Confession

Forgive me, father, for I have a confession to make, and it's a doozy! I fully raise my right hand and announce, "My name is Tara and I'm addicted to Real Housewives!" Yes, friends, it is true. I'm addicted to Real Housewives, their drama, their feuds, their break-ups and make-ups, their ridiculous lifestyles, their fancy dresses and over-the-top jewels, their outrageous antics and quick trips around the world. It is all fascinating.

 
My favorite by far is the original, the one that started it all, The Real Housewives of Orange County. Vicki is the only one of the original cast still standing, albeit with a new face and a new man. I love the addition of some new cast members in the last 2 seasons, and I can't get enough of their antics.

I also love Beverly Hills, Atlanta, and New Jersey. I never got into Miami and lost interest in New York when Bethany left. There is something about these strong, powerful, often successful and business-minded women acting like high school rivals that keeps me coming back for more year in and year out. They drive me insane and sometimes I want to throw my cup of tea at the television screen, but at the same time, they are like a car wreck that I continue to stop and watch.

Vancouver had a franchise as well, but has been put on hold. I'm a Canadian girl through and through and didn't have high hopes for this series. However, I think that it held it's own next to its American counter-parts. However, I was embarrassed every single episode watching the way these ladies portrayed themselves and how mean and malicious they were towards Mary. It was cowardly and cruel and I couldn't believe these women lived in my city!

Anyways, that's my Thursday rambling about one of my many vices... I'm officially addicted to the drama of these spoiled, fake, hypocritical, self-centered women, and can't wait until Beverly Hills returns! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment