Monday, September 16, 2013

Dr. Suess-Themed Shower Extravaganza!

On Saturday, I had the extreme pleasure of hosting my BFF's baby shower. I've been planning it in my head for years, and on paper since pretty much the second that she told me they were expecting! I knew right away that I wanted to do a children's book themed shower, and then I settled on Dr. Seuss. I had so many ideas in my head about what I wanted to do, and I'm so happy that a lot of my vision became reality!
 

 
 Green Eggs - No ham: avocado deviled eggs!
 
Cupcake tower: red velvet and raspberry white chocolate cupcakes. I made the signs, the tower, and the cupcakes from scratch. I even found red and white striped cupcake liners and napkins to go with the theme.


Truffula Trees: themed after the Lorax, I dipped marshmellows in white chocolate and then covered them with different sprinkles and placed them in blue mason jars filled with sugar.

The food table: I themed all the food around Dr. Seuss. I made everything from scratch including the hashbrown casserole, spinach dip, salsa, sandwiches, pitas, veggie platter, and pasta salad.

I fell in love with this diaper cake and made it the centerpiece of the food table. I topped it with a cat in the hat bobble head.



The Drink Station: The very first thing I found when I started purchasing for the shower were these red and white striped paper straws that I knew I wanted to put inside mason jars for the drinks. I made a Raspberry Sorbet punch and a Pineapple Ginger punch.

I made these red and white tissue poms. They didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but they fit the theme and made a big impact!


The game and favor table was cute and fit the theme as well. The favors were boxes filled with homemade chocolate drizzled popcorn that Aaron helped me make that morning. They were "Hop on Pop-corn".

 Early in planning, Aaron and I found red and blue gummy fish to go with the guessing game and fit into the one fish, two fish theme of Dr. Seuss!
 

 The Baby Shower sign wasn't in my red and white and blue theme, but was still cute and made a nice focal point for where everyone gathered to eat and open gifts.
 

This was Mama's chair... I got her the Cat in the Hat onesie so Piglet remembers her shower too! :)

Jay and Chad got quite a stash of gifts! They got so many cute outfits for their daughter, and it was a sea of pink and purple. I tried not to do too many "girlie" things, but I couldn't help getting her a few!

Mama and Best Friend - I love this girl. We've been through everything together, and now this journey together as well!

These are my best friends. Emily was missing, but I was so glad that all of us could be together to help celebrate Jay and this huge life moment. A year ago this week the 5 of us were celebrating my stagette, and now one of them has a 2 week old at home, one is due next month, and I'm half-way to baby already!
 
It was an amazing day filled with so much love for Jay and her daughter. I can't wait until she gives birth in late October, and hopefully graces us with her presence before Halloween. She got an adorable First Halloween onesie from Lisa, and I hope she can wear it. I was so happy that I was able to throw her this shower and so excited that she had a great day! Now hurry up and get here, Piglet!

No comments:

Post a Comment