Thursday, December 15, 2011

25 Christmas Questions



1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?

Hot Chocolate ALL the way! With Baileys, or Khalua!


2. Does Santa wrap presents for you or just sit them under the tree?

Always wrapped! A few go under the tree, and some in the stocking.


3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white lights?

I prefer white (I'm all about the classy decor) but Aaron got his way this year and we bought a pre-lit tree with colored lights.


4. Do you hang mistletoe?

Yes indeed! Usually it's hanging up high, but we didn't put a new nail in the year, so it's hanging from a cupboard handle.


5. When do you hang your decorations?

Usually the first weekend in December. I have to wait until after my birthday on November 29th.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

My uncle makes a killer cheese ball, but I also love mashed potatoes smothered in real butter! Yum!


7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?

Christmas Eve was always a wonderful event in our house. We would get together with my aunt and her family (my cousins) and ride around in the van to look at Christmas lights, and then exchange gifts, eat appetizers, and watch the dads get tipsy on beer! And then we'd put all our bows from gifts on my Grandpa's head after he'd fallen asleep.


8. What is on your Christmas wish list?

I thought I'd try for fashion this year and ask for a faux-leather bomber jacket! :)


9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?

Only from the relatives. My parents always gave us new pj's on Christmas Eve, so I still get a pair from my mom, and sometimes Aaron can't wait and makes us open one as well.


10. How do you decorate your tree?

Lights, ornaments from my childhood, ornaments I've collected in my travels, and ones that Aaron and I have collected over the last 3 1/2 years. And a shiny star on top.


11. Snow... love it or dread it?

I love to look at it but don't love driving in it! Especially after the Christmas storm of 2008!


12. Real tree or fake tree?

REAL! I love real, but with my monster Keiko in the house, we have to do fake.


13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

The year I got about 15 different My Little Ponies from my parents was pretty amazing. Also, one year my parents built us a little house in the basement. That was pretty amazing too! My favorite adult gift was my brother - when he recovered from a bad motorcycle injury and got out of the hospital in Thailand in time to celebrate Christmas.


14. What's the most important thing about Christmas to you?

Being around my family, and having a new family to celebrate with as well.


15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?

I'm not really a dessert person, but I love my mom's shortbread and fudge.


16. What is your favorite tradition?

New pajamas. I also love having coffee at my mom's on Christmas morning sitting on her floor with her and my brother and Aaron opening gifts and laughing.


17. What tops your tree?

A shiny sparkley star.


18. Do you prfer giving or receiving?

Giving for sure!!! I love seeing the look on their face when they open things. Especially Aaron and his parents - they get really excited!


19. What is your favorite Christmas song?

Anything by Michael Buble!


20. Candy canes... yuck or yum?

YUMMY IN MY TUMMY!


21. Favorite Christmas movie?

Tough one, but probably Love Actually. I also love Scrooged. And It's a Wonderful Life. And A Christmas Story. And Christmas Vacation. So hard.


22. What do you leave for Santa?

Nothing now but when I was a kid it was always cookies (which I'm sure my dad ate) and carrots for the reindeer (which I'm sure ended up in the garbage).


23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?

It used to be waking up early, climbing into bed with my dad and having cinnamon toast, going down to see my mom taking pictures, stockings, presents, breakfast, and playing with toys. Now Aaron and I get up, have coffee and a piece of toast, open stockings and gifts, then making our way to my mom's to do it all over again.


24. Do you prefer shopping online or at the mall?

Both... I like online for the deals but the mall for the atmosphere of Christmas!


25. Christmas letter or card?

Card! I love seeing what people send us, especially if they include a picture of the kiddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment