Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My New Journey...

I was a Weight Watchers member from May 2008 - November 2009. In that time, I lost 25lbs, and was able to maintain it. However, I, like many others, thought I could do it by myself and quit WW to pursue the journey alone. And, like many others, I put 15lbs back on as of last week. I was devastated to step on the scale and see how much weight I'd gained back in the year and a half since I left. So after much deliberation, I got up on Saturday morning, got dressed, and headed to the Weight Watchers center close to home, and rejoined.

When I stepped on the scale again, I felt that same rush of excitement that I felt the first time mixed with embarassment at my failure. But I was starting a new journey to my weight loss goal of 15lbs lost by this October. That is my first large goal. My ultimate goal is 35lbs to lose.

WW teaches you about achieving small goals - 5% of your weight, a pound per week, etc. So I've started with 2lbs for my starting week, and 1lb per week after that. If I can do that, I'll be down to my goal weight by the time Lisa gets married in September. I think it can be done if I stay on track, avoid my usual temptations, be dedicated to my regular workouts, and believe in myself.

So this is my plan so far:


  • Stay on track with 29 daily points


  • Go to the gym 4 days per week


  • Ride my bike to and from the WW meetings - 35 blocks each way


  • Walk at least twice on my lunch breaks


  • Move more


  • Eat less - be conscious of portion sizes, weigh and measure food


  • Believe that I can do this!
As I move forward towards my goal, I hope to experience new challenges and overcome obstacles. I'm looking forward to looking better:


FROM THIS:




BACK TO THIS: (my lowest weight)


Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment