Wednesday, April 27, 2011

GO CANUCKS GO!!!



I had the faith, I did my chant out loud, alone in the living room, while Aaron hid from the pressure in our office.


"We can do it, we can do it, we can do it!"



It was in overtime in Game 7 of the first round of playoffs. I was on the edge of my seat, literally.



Burrows had taken a penalty just minutes into the first overtime. I thought maybe this was it, maybe it was over, because the Canucks don't always kill penalties well, and have a history of allowing Chicago to defeat them during these moments.



But Burrows came out of the box determined. This was going to be his night, and after getting a great breakaway, he shot it into the far left side of the net past one of the best goaltenders in the league to clinche the game winner in one of the most difficult series to date. 2 -1 in Game 7, after being up 3 - 0 in the series... but the Canucks proved why they won the Presidents cup, why they deserved this defeat against their cryptonite team, the Chicago Blackhawks, and why they just needed this a little more than everyone else.



I put my positive energy out there by verbally telling they boys that they could do it, and when Burrows knocked it in goal, the little red light came on, and the team and stadium erupted, so did I with screams and jumping, scaring poor Halo who didn't know what to do or where he was going. He flailed around the floor like a traumatized animal on ice skates, or Bambi getting his legs, but I didn't have time to apologize to him yet, as I was too busy celebrating with my team!



GO CANUCKS GO! Off to Nashville!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment