Monday, May 16, 2011

Pasta.... lovely, delicious pasta!

Everyone knows that I L.O.V.E. carbs... I love rice and crackers and good crunchy sourdough bread. But my absolute favorite thing IN. THIS. WORLD. is pasta! I love all pasta - penne, fettuccini, spaghetti, rigitoni, angel hair, shells, orzo, ravioli, tortellini, etc., etc. etc.

However, pasta and my waistline do not get along, so I've had to resort to whole wheat pasta, and only once per week if anything.



MMMMMMMM... Fettuccini Alfredo!

So I've made a deal with myself: Once I lose 10lbs, I'll treat myself to a night out with a big bowl of hearty white pasta with alfredo sauce. I'll work out before and all the next day, but this will be my reward for my hard work. My first love and I will be reunited for a brief moment in time. :)

I'm working really hard to shed my spare tire and jiggly wiggly bits, but every girl needs to indulge in something. I've traded in the booze and late-night Denny's covered-not-smothered hashbrowns for diet rootbeer and white pasta, so my indulgence will be a reunion with this old stand-by friend, and that is enough to get my butt in gear at the gym 4 days per week!

Keep moving, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment