Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Walk to the Woods...

Yesterday I decided that after my lunch of leftover vegetarian chili, I'd go for a walk. The rain had disappeared for the day, and it was turning into a lovely afternoon. I'd worn comfortable clothes to work in preparation of working in our sample area, so I really had NO excuse to not be active.



I left at 12:20 for my walk with no clear vision in mind of where to walk to - I just... walked. I ended up at Burnaby Lake which isn't far from my work at all, but a place I'd only ever been to once in the 8 years I've worked in Burnaby. And I must say that it made my entire day! This is what I saw in the parking lot of Burnaby Lake...






As part of my new journey, I'm going to go for a walk as often as I can on my lunch break. I'll walk down to Burnaby Lake and visit my new friends and walk the trails. Especially on days when I don't go to the gym, I'm going to make it a very important goal to walk on my lunch break.



The old saying of "eat less, move more" is certainly true, and I need to start encorporating that into my daily life!



No comments:

Post a Comment