Monday, May 24, 2010

Dreaming of peonies...

I had a rough weekend. I was feeling emotional and a little weapy, so what is a girl to do? That's right - buy herself a big bunch of peonies! I love these bushy, aromatic floral gem in any color and in any level of bloom. They are gorgeous as closed little buds, but oh so charming when opened and inviting your nose in for a little sniff!



I've recently discovered a sketchy little grocery store on Commercial Drive that sells flowers for a pretty decent price. I've become a huge fan of The Flower Box on Commercial over the years, but alas, today (being the Monday of May Long Weekend) they were closed for the holiday so I ventured over to the grocery store on a hunt for something floral to lift my spirits. There, in a large white bucket of dirty water sat the most gorgeous bundles of these merlot colored beauties for only $10.99. It's as if they were calling for me by name! I snatched them up, brought them home to be trimmed, and placed them in this simple white vase to live out their lives on my kitchen table... in the middle of my slow packing for the big move next month.

They are a reminder to stop and smell the... peonies... on a day where I feel like I need a reason to smile and breathe and be happy that I'm here and able to smell the beauty of life. Thank you pretties!

No comments:

Post a Comment