Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Little Wednesday Romance...


I decided to surprise Aaron with some Wednesday love... we needed to redeem our failed Valentine's dinner, and redeem I did!


I ran around to 3 different stores looked for fresh scallops, and paid a mortgage for them, but they were delicious! I set the mood with candles all over the living room, jazz on the radio, a tablecloth on our coffee table, and a chilled bottle of our favorite Riesling.


I made a creamy lemon risotto, seared sea scallops in a provencal sauce, and roasted asparagus!


















For dessert, I served rich vanilla ice cream topped with fresh strawberries and chocolate sauce.


We talked about our days, stared into each others eyes, and maybe kissed a little! :)


It was certainly the way we should have spent Valentine's Day, but celebrating a Wednesday is good enough for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment