Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What Makes Me Happy...

Today is the day of love, and as much as I didn't want to celebrate it this year in lieu of saving for our wedding and paying our bills, I couldn't help it. I broke down and bought Aaron a sappy card, a movie, and some chocolates. But moreover, I started thinking about what today means.

What makes me happy? What makes me smile? What makes me laugh? What makes me feel like life is going to get better when I'm sad?



  1. Keiko cuddling up to my face in the morning

  2. Aaron singing and dancing and being goofy

  3. A good cup of latte

  4. The smell of baking

  5. Aaron's kisses and hungs

  6. A sweet email from my mom

  7. My friends offering support

  8. A good book when it's raining outside

  9. Aaron's laughter

  10. My favorite blanket, knit for me by my mom's best friend Linda

  11. Stories about my neice and nephew growing up

  12. Any time Aaron touches me

  13. The way Aaron looks at me when I laugh... I melt

  14. Freshly baked cookies, especially peanut butter ones

  15. The sound of my cats purring

What this list teaches me is that I love Aaron more than most things. He keeps me grounded, makes me happy, and teaches me so much about life and what I want from life. This Valentine's Day I feel lucky to be marrying him in less than 9 months. I'll be so proud to call him my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment