Friday, August 26, 2011

A Weekend Full Of Friends...

Tonight I'm hanging out with one of my besties, Emily, to go see the new movie, The Help. It looks amazing, and I love having meals with Emily because we get so caught up in chatting and laughing that I never eat everything on my plate! :)

Tomorrow I'm going to my WW meeting, then off to meet Lisa and Lizz for some girl time. We're picking up our dresses (I'll post pics next week), then having lunch at Olive Garden, doing some shopping in the US, then heading back into town to complete some of her wedding tasks before waiting for the boys to return from Darren's stag.

The stag topic has brought up some interesting discussions between myself, my girlfriends, and Aaron respectively. I don't love the fact that men think that they need to include oogling naked girls when celebrating the end of single life. Women don't do this. Women tend to celebrate their friendships with each other (even when it sometimes includes penis-shaped accoutrements), celebrate their friend's entrance into married life, and celebrate her as a person. Men just want to grunt, drink, and see boobs! I don't understand it myself, but I do think that when it's Aaron's time to attend his own stag that he goes with the understanding that his respect for me should outweigh his desire to have a half-naked butt gyrating on his lap. And I'm sure that Darren will do the same!

Sunday we'll take it easy and clean our home because I'm sure that all the stag fun will take a serious toll on Aaron's well-being. :)

So friends, what are your plans this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment