Sunday, January 23, 2011

We Have A Decision, Folks!

Aaron and I had our eye doctor's appointment yesterday, then we headed off to the Centennial Lodge. I had very high expectations about this place for a few different reasons: 1) We could bring in our own catering and alcohol - saving us a lot of cash! 2) It had the wood beams and wood floors like I love and that fits into our theme. 3) It was in Queens Park which allowed us a lot of photo opportunities that the Diamond Alumni Centre didn't necessarily have surrounding it since it's in a university campus.





We met with one of the caretakers of the Lodge, and he showed us around. It was much smaller than I had expected, and didn't allow for a lot of room once tables were set up for dancing. The fireplace was nice, but only one of the two side-by-side fireplaces actually work which would throw me off since I've very particular about things being even and symetrcial.

I thought it was very nice, and had a lot of potential though. However, for our winter wedding, we would need a ceremony sight as well, and their rose garden (beautiful!) just wouldn't work in November. We left the Centennial Lodge feeling slightly discouraged. Aaron didn't like it, and my heart was telling me that we'd already found the place that we were meant to get married.

So today we had a very frank discussion and made the biggest decision in our wedding planning process... we choose the DAC as the place to vow to love each other for the rest of our lives in front of our family and friends!

In February I'm taking my mom and bridesmaids to view the DAC to get their thoughts on decorating and logistics, and then Aaron and I will be signing the contracts in March! We don't need to look anywhere else when our hearts have already decided for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment