Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Venue Search

A and I began the GREAT VENUE SEARCH on Saturday. We started with my dream venue, the Diamond Alumni Centre. I had discovered this little gem while following the blog, Vancouver Vows. Amy and Patrick chose this venue for their darling nuptuals, and I fell in love with the beautiful charm. Wood beams wrapped in white lights, hanging lanterns, a wooden bar, wall-to-wall windows, a covered balcony, 2 fireplaces. I was in love, and so was A! It was everything I could have imagined.

THIS IS WHERE WE'D GET MARRIED

The only concerns we have about this place are as follows:
1. The price. We would have to cut our numbers from 120 to 80 to be able to afford it.
2. The chairs. Simply put, they are not attractive. We will have to rent chair covers.
3. No bridal suite. This means that my bridal party and I will have to wait in the limo out front until it's time to enter. This is a small issue, but not a big deal.
4. Alcohol. We will have to go with a cash bar, which I don't like, but it's okay. I'm learning to deal with it. :)

THIS IS THE MAIN RECEPTION ROOM
(See what I mean about the chairs???)
We love it, but we'll be checking out our next venue choice this weekend. Stay tuned! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment