Monday, October 7, 2013

The Rock Rocks...

No, not that Rock!

This rock...


When we were camping, my Auntie Robin and I were trying to keep the kids busy while we packed up the campsite. We were attempting arts and crafts, but the kids kept dropping all the supplies in the dirt and it turned into complete chaos! Instead, we went on the hunt for cool looking rocks. Again, that didn't last long.

The following weekend at a family dinner, Calista very proudly marched up to me and told me she had something for the baby. She presented me with this lovely painted rock! I told her that it will have a very special place in the baby's nursery, and I plan on putting it on display for the baby to see from her/his crib.

Calista and I are very much alike! She loves ballet and dance and singing, but she's also recently joined a hockey team. I was the same... except I tried out for a boys hardball team and almost made it were it not for the fear of a coach allowing girls to play on his team with the boys. Anyways, she can play in the mud or dress up like a princess. She is the best of all worlds, and I adore her for so many reasons. She has the ability to be silly and funny and cute and sweet. She also has the ability to be strong-willed and determined. She is a lot of what I hope my future daughter becomes. She has the ability to make friends quickly, make people feel loved and welcomes, make the world a little brighter. She makes my heart soar!


When I had breakfast with her on Sunday morning, she rushed right up to say hello to my belly with a very loud "HI BABY"! It's becoming more noticeable, and she's enjoying being curious about it. She made a BABY label on a label maker (see - a girl after my own heart!), and thought it was hilarious when I labeled my belly with it. She thought the gifts my Aunt and Uncle brought back from Europe were super sweet, and when I told her we'd see her next weekend for Thanksgiving, she squealed with delight!

I can't wait to see my peanut and its munchkin cousin grow up together, and I hope they will all be just as close as I was with my cousins growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment