Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkin Patch and Other Fun Things...

Aaron's not a fan of Halloween. In fact, he's not a fan of most holidays with the exception of Christmas. He makes a stink about celebrating, but he still tries to make the most of it for my sake. It's one of the reasons why I love him.
 
On Sunday, we headed out to the "pumpkin patch". I didn't really know what to expect since we usually go to the one in Chilliwack, but I was told that the Art Knapp in Port Coquitlam (maybe 10 minutes away from us) was decent. We hopped in the car and headed over there. It was pretty well done, and almost everything was under covers for the kids. 
 
 
 I just had to take this picture! :)
 


Here's my pumpkin. I was very well aware of how huge my belly had gotten, but didn't realize my face had exploded as well. I'm 25 weeks at this point!


Aaron picked out his large pumpkin...


And then he grabbed a small one to carve for baby!

Inside they had created an entire Halloween Haunted Ghost town. I have one of these started for Christmas with my village, but this Halloween one was far more impressive than mine!
 
I get excited to do these traditions every year. On Halloween, we're going to get take-out, put on some scary movies, and hand out candies. We do this every year. It's something we can carry on when Peanut arrives.
 
I think what made this more special for me was picturing us going here year after year with our child or children. I was envisioning getting on the train and the merry-go-round with Daddy and Baby, letting her/him choose a pumpkin, getting popcorn and hot chocolate, taking photos as a family. Family is becoming more and more important to us as we get older, and now that we're about to become a family ourselves, I'm getting even more excited about holidays and traditions!



No comments:

Post a Comment