Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A-"bout" the boys

Get it? Ha ha.



Anyways, the latest project that I've started is the boutonierres for the boys. I didn't want them to wear real flowers for a few reasons.



1. It's winter time, and it wouldn't really fit in.

2. I don't personally like real flowers on the lapels of boys.

3. I find that flowers get squished by the end of the night.

4. Aaron's not really a flower kind of guy.


So I went to Michael's with Ms. Jay a few weeks ago to buy some paint for another project, and while there, starting roaming the aisles in search of some inspiration for the 'bouts. I stopped in my tracks, literally grinding to a hault, when I saw these little picks in the Christmas aisle for 40% off, and they were in our colors. So I snatched every last one in these colors, and also one in just pearly white left in the bin. I also picked up the silver fern at 40% off, and then ended up with some feathers from Walmart to tuck in behind them. There's something special going on Aaron's which I can't divuldge until the wedding day, but all in all, these ended up being about $1.00 each!!! I'm making one for each of the groomsman, one for each of the dads, one for our MC. I'm making a different one that is somewhat similar but less fussy for the ring bearer, Rylan.




I must say that I really love them! I don't love all of my craft projects, but I love this one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment