Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Let's set something straight...

I love wedding blogs, I love wedding websites, I love wedding magazines. What I don't love... is the vision that it's put in my head. I feel like I'm drowning in a see of beautiful images and fabulous ideas and untouchable touches. I look at these thin brides in couture gowns, stunning wedding invitations, undeniably creative details... and I know in my heart that I have neither the body, the budget, or the imagination to even come close to the glory that has been engrained into my mind as the "perfect wedding".

But what I do know is that I love my future groom. I love how he makes me feel. I love the ladies I've chosen to stand next to me. I love the parents who raised me to make smart decisions. I love the room we're getting married in, the month we're getting married in, and the meaning behind some of the touches that I am including. It may not be perfect, but it will be perfect for me - just like the man I'll be marrying. I can't wait for my own storybook fairytale dream to come true - when I say I DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment