Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Wanna Be...

Redheads in Hollywood aren't always true redheads. Redheads on the street aren't usually true redheads. And some redheads are no longer redheads (cough cough Lindsay Lohan cough cough). Let's be honest here - we are few and far between. Not only are we unique and now have a full day dedicated to hating us (Kick A Ginger Day), but we also get a bad rap by a lot of people as being "fiery", "fiesty", or "difficult". It's true, I definately fall into the fiery redhead stereotype, however my mom is the calmest, tamest person I know and she's a natural redhead too.


But this post isn't about my mom, it's about another strong beautiful woman that I love - Christina Hendricks! She plays Joan on Mad Men which is a show that I both love and hate, but I love this strong, independent woman!!!



I have had my share of issues regarding my hair... being teased in elementary school for being so different, boys not always wanting to be involved with me "cause they don't like redheads", and wanting to be more like my friends with blonde hair. But I've finally come around and have embraced this birthrite! I love my hair now. I know that it makes me different, and I LOVE IT! Aaron loves my hair - he loves redheads - and he loves me for being a fiery redhead!!!


As the wedding approaches, I'll be touching more on this topic because the issue of being a redhead is going to come up again - like what color bridal gown looks best with my skin tone, what type of headwear I'm going to sport, and how make-up really makes or breaks it with redheads. But more on that next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment