Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My fears....

According to The Knot, I'm 430 days away from our wedding date. I'm excited to really get into planning it, but at the same time, I've started having horrible dreams about what could go wrong.
I'm worried that my guests are not going to dance, or that they will leave early, or that they will think my DIY looks like a kingertarten student did them.

I'm worried that my officiant won't show up, that my bridesmaids will get pregnant and miss the wedding, that Aaron will hurt himself beforehand.

I'm worried that we'll have a snowstorm and the wedding will be called off entirely.

I'm worried that we'll run out of money and have to cut things that I really want.

I'm worried that I'll be too fat still and will look like a heffer in photos. I'm worried that my hair will look bad, my make-up will smear off, my face will break out.

I'm worried that my wedding will be generic. I'm worried that I won't be original. I'm worried that it won't live up to my own expections.

I'm worried that I'll be a bridezilla and no one will want to be around me. I'm worried that I'll upset my family and friends. I'm worried that I won't even like myself by the end of planning.

But none of my worries are about whether or not I'm marrying the right person, or that I'm making a mistake, or that one of us will walk away from this. Because when it comes down to it, I'm marrying my best friend, the love of my life, and the person I know that I can't live without. And that makes me happy. All the rest of it is just the icings on the cake... I can live without the fluff, but I can't live without this man who makes my life complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment